Friday 26 June 2015

SATURDAY SILHOUETTES #1

Welcome to the Saturday Silhouettes meme. This is a weekly meme that looks at SILHOUETTES in photography.

SILHOUETTE |ˌsɪlʊˈɛt| noun
The dark shape and outline of someone or something visible in restricted light against a brighter background.
ORIGIN - late 18th century: Named (although the reason remains uncertain) after Étienne de Silhouette (1709–67), French author and politician.

Please join me by linking your photo in which a silhouette plays a prominent part in the composition of your image.

10 comments:

  1. Stunning image! Really beautiful! (I will put a link back to my post as soon as I'm back at my computer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting!
    Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is awesome! I would like to link here but i am not yet ready, maybe in the future i will try getting silhouettes. Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, I love silhouettes. Wonderful sky and silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for a meme!
    Thanks for letting me know about it.
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic idea. Happy Silhouettes !
    Best regards, Synnöve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope to see this again this weekend. I have a post ready for it: http://www.lovethatimage.com/blog/2015/07/sunset-over-puget-sound-3/ Thanks for your creativity in dreaming this meme up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please comment. I appreciate constructive criticism as it improves my skills as an amateur photographer.